Re: Shorthand variable named "elisp-shorthands" seems wrong

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Shorthand variable named "elisp-shorthands" seems wrong
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 20:02:57 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Which it is, don't you agree?

I think I should rephrase what I said earlier.  I don't agree that it
applies to what currently uses the `elisp' prefix, which is currently
used by the likes of `elisp-byte-code-mode', and the `elisp-xref--'
group of variables.

> Or how about elisp-symbol-shorthands?

That still has the `elisp' prefix, while something like
`read-shorthands' would be consistent with (as discussed further up this
thread) the `read-circle' and `read-symbol-positions-list' variables we
already have.  Not to mention it would be somewhat more consistent with
the plethora of print-XXX variables.

Thanks.