Shorthands have landed on master (Was: Better way to require with shorth

From: João Távora
Subject: Shorthands have landed on master (Was: Better way to require with shorthands/renamed symbols)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 13:54:40 +0100

Hello all.

Anyway, as you may have noticed, "Shorthands" have landed on master.
Please check out the NEWS entry and the manual section on "Shorthands".

For the impatient, I leave with with a tiny animated gif.

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:
> On 27.09.2021 14:10, Stefan Kangas wrote:
>> In my ideal world, we sho  uld be able to just say simply:
>>      (require 'magnar-string :as "s-")
> This would be much nicer, yes.

Unfortunately, that comes with many other implications that you may or
may not be seeing.  I've replied to Stefan in detail.  Anyway, I hope
people can briefly try out the feature as it is now, and report any
bugs, slightly delaying their "much nicer" suggestion (which are more
than expected and very welcome).

João