Re: Do shorthands break basic tooling (tags, grep, etc)? (was Re: Shorth

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Do shorthands break basic tooling (tags, grep, etc)? (was Re: Shorthands have landed on master)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 18:10:40 -0400

  > How do you propose I find all occurrences of jit-lock-functions in the
  > Emacs Lisp sources, which up to now I've been able to do with find and
  > grep?

We can have a rule about when it is ok to define symbol-renaming in
the Emacs sources, just as we have a rule about defining advice in the
Emacs sources.

This way, you could know about what renamings might exist,
and would know which symbols might have multiple names
and what argument to give to grep.