Re: Dark mode on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Dark mode on Windows
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 15:15:51 +0300

> From: Vince Salvino <salvino@coderedcorp.com>
> Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 05:20:43 +0000
> Cc: "emacs-devel@gnu.org" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>
> I originally tried dynamically loading dwmapi.dll, and it cannot be done
> dynamically. It will simply not load. I spent a lot of time head-scratching
> in gdb to figure this out. From what I read, it behaves a bit differently
> than other DLLs and has to be linked. This is also my first foray into Win32
> programming, so I have exactly zero experience with any of this stuff, and
> could be wrong.

Can you tell the details of what you tried, and what you saw when you
tried that?  What does it mean "will not load"?  Does LoadLibrary
return NULL or a handle that cannot be used?  If so, what does
GetLastError return when that happens?  And when LoadLibrary fails,
does GetModuleHandle return a valid handle (which would indicate that
the DLL is already loaded into the program's address space)?  And
finally, if you run Emacs under GDB, does the "info shared" command in
GDB show dwmapi.dll as loaded?