Re: Tweaking the output of `C-h b'

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Tweaking the output of `C-h b'
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 14:18:08 -0400

> So if we have a fold-text.el library, it could offer
>
> * fringes
> * buttons
>   * svg
>   * emojis
>   * other random text
> * "..."

Why does the "..." have to be an alternative?
Please, can I have "(fringe OR buttons) AND ellipsis"?

Also, as pointed out, for outline-(minor-)mode some
`outline-regexp`s will work better with fringes, so even if, as a user
I'd generally prefer the buttons, it would be nice for Emacs to know
that in ELisp mode outline-minor-mode should not use buttons because

    ▶ (defun my-foo ( arg1
                    arg2
                    arg3)

is not right.  So major modes should be able to tell `outline-minor-mode`
whether buttons should be avoided.

        Stefan