Re: Tweaking the output of `C-h b'

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Tweaking the output of `C-h b'
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 00:59:34 +0100

> Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I'm working on such a library since some time back.  Watch this space.
>
> Great!  🤓

Let me go into some more detail:

The library (icons.el) I am working on allows inserting external icons
into a buffer, used in the mode-line, etc.  The branch comes with a
curated set of externally developed and free icon sets as svg's, and
functions for updating said set from upstream.

I have a fully working prototype, and I'm currently experimenting with
how exactly the user should be able to customize icons.  Give it a
month or three and I'll post a first draft for review.  Or, if you're
really, really curious, I could what I have so far up on a branch.
But that'd be highly tentative.

PS. Too bad icon.el is not named icon-mode.el.  Hmm.