Re: Entering emojis

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: Entering emojis
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 18:50:52 -0700

Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li> writes:

And both those emojis produced perfectly meaningful spoken utterances --
I suspect Emacs+Emacspeak may well be the only tool that knows to do
that:-)

So quoting from the Emacspeak Press Releases over the years:
<cite>
On this theme, when once challenged by a proponent of a crash-prone
but well-marketed mousetrap with the assertion "Emacs is a system from
the 70's", the creator of Emacspeak evinced surprise at the unusual
candor manifest in the assertion that it would take popular
idiot-proven interfaces until the year 2070 to catch up to where the
Emacspeak audio desktop is today.
</cite>

--

Thanks,