Re: New key binding syntax

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New key binding syntax
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2021 00:25:41 -0400

  > oh ok, so switching to being compatible/displaying like something more
  > standard and widespread such as “Ctrl+X Ctrl+C” (or shorter C+x C+c)
  > wouldn’t be out of question?

In principle, we could adopt whatever syntax we want, as long as we
keep the old code working.

Introducing `kbd' enabled us to support a new, incompatible syntax
alongside the original syntax.  If we decide now on a syntax that is
not upward compatible with `kbd', we could support it using a new
function, perhaps `key'.