Re: Any new method to deal with Emacs Fonts settings puzzles nearly ever

From: Phil Sainty
Subject: Re: Any new method to deal with Emacs Fonts settings puzzles nearly every Chinese emacser?
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 12:14:39 +1300

On 2021-11-14 04:21, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
On GUI frames Emacs takes the width of each character in pixels from
the font that is being used.

Potentially Emacs could provide a defcustom mapping of fonts to minimum
character widths, and if the actual width of any character is less than
the customized minimum then the (larger) minimum width is used instead
(I guess padding either side of the character).

I've no clue whether this is practical -- I know very little about fonts.