Re: Use variable-pitch face in more places

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Use variable-pitch face in more places
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 19:59:24 +0200

> Hm.  When I do an "emacs -Q" and then `C-h i', I get the header line in
> a proportional font (on the current trunk).  Did you fix this already?

  (defface header-line
    '((default
       :inherit mode-line) 😋

But proportional fonts in the header line looks great.
I tested with different modes that use the header line:
Info, proced, tabulated-list, even ruler-mode, and everywhere
the header line with proportional fonts is really nice.
Also there is no problems in the mode line: I tested that
there is no shift jumping left and right while scrolling
adds digits to the column/line indicator, etc.