Sv: Support for background transparency

From: arthur miller
Subject: Sv: Support for background transparency
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 00:35:41 +0000

If it is of any help, I have just rebuild master with the attached patch. It applied cleanly, but I see some artifacts. If you check the attached screenshot, there are two clocks without calendar, these are produced by Emacs with your patch. There are thin lines on the left and right edges where the default background is visible (green from dark solarized theme I use). There is also a separate frame with an eshell window and top with transparent background where those edges are also visible.

These artifacts were not present in previous version of your patch, one that was on your github since ~19 days ago. I have rebuilt from master yesterday with the previous patch rebased, which also cleanly applied, and I have posted some screenshots to this mail list yesterday where one can see similar clock widget with transparency applied without those edges. I have also attached the code for one of clocks so you can see that I have turned off fringes, borders and anything I could.

For the Clock with a calendar is a conky with conky-vision script.

By the way, why can I not see Håkans mail in Gnus? I just see like xml/http headers and stuff, not the message. I had no problems opening any other email from the list that arrived today. I had to open this one  via web browser.

Thanks for the patch & best regards