Re: Sv: Support for background transparency

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: Sv: Support for background transparency
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 17:07:08 +0100

Hi Håkon,
* Håkon Flatval <hkon20@hotmail.com> [2021-11-28; 15:05]:
> I haven't heard about the FSF Copyright Assignment Process  before.
> I found some information about it online, but don't understand what
> purpose it serves in this context.

short:
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-assign.html

long:
https://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/FSF-copyright-handling

> Do I need to follow through with it to proceed with this
> contribution to Emacs?

Yes.

"Once the cumulative amount of your submissions exceeds a dozen or so
lines of non-trivial changes, we will need you to assign to the FSF
the copyright for your contributions."

"In most cases, to start the assignment process you should download
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/plain/doc/Copyright/request-assign.future
and return the completed information to the address at the top."

(both from CONTRIBUTE in emacs top level source directory).

Ciao; Gregor
--