Re: File names in ChangeLog entries

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: File names in ChangeLog entries
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 05:29:46 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 18:16:36 -0500
>
> OTOH, I would really appreciate if people could be careful to always
> include some kind of file information on the first line of their commit.
> Too often I see commits whose first line doesn't unambiguously indicate
> which part of Emacs's code is changed.

Please also make a point of following the conventions of ChangeLog
entries.  You (Stefan) are one of the "worst offenders" in that
department: your entries look very frequently backwards: first the
file and function, then an empty line, then the detailed explanation
of the change.  It should be the other way around (if you care about
the quality of the logs).