Re: msys2 build path problems + copy-paste english results in chinese ch

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: msys2 build path problems + copy-paste english results in chinese characters
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 23:39:23 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com>
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>> Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2021 19:25:54 +0100

>> > Copy-pasted from which application?
>> Emacs!
>
> You copied from Emacs to the same Emacs, and you get garbled text?
>
>> I copy-pasted the raw above, I did it with the mouse though. :-)
>
> So you marked the text with the mouse, and then did what? M-w? or
> something else?  You must describe what you did exactly, because there
> are too many unknown factors here.
>
>> After I took the screenshot I redo it by marking and copying via M-w
>> and C-y and it worked.
>
> So M-w followed by C-y works.  What doesn't work?
I pasted it with the middle mouse button; so now when you asked, I should
probably say oups :-). It was many months of X11 and very few sessions in win32
environment.

>> > Wrong how?  I don't see anything about exec-path in the image you
>> > posted.
>>
>> Look at warning from the native-comp in window below; it can not find
>> assemblern
>> (gnu as). When looking at exec-path I see no paths from mingw present
>> anywhere,
>> but I did found "." in the path, which I haven't put there myself.
>
> The "." part is added by the MSYS2 Bash.  but I still don't understand
> why it gets in the way.  Does the directory where you have gas.exe
It is not considered very safe to have it in the path, so I am very suspicisious
to that.

>                          Does the directory where you have gas.exe
> appear on the system-wide PATH?

Nope; I haven't manually added any of msys paths to the system, I thought the
build would add some default paths to msys dirs.