Re: sqlite3

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 17:17:49 +0800

Sergey Organov <sorganov@gmail.com> writes:

> I believe that depending on (any) DB is not the right way to go for
> persistent storage. It rather should be abstracted-out and then DB will
> likely won't be used as suitable backend anyway.

I would really like something along the lines of manardb for Emacs Lisp.

We have the advantage of controlling the entire runtime, so it would not
have portability issues across different language implementations (in
the case of manardb, Common Lisp).

But since that is too much work, the second best solution would be to
use *dbm, or even printing hash tables, to achieve a simple key-value
store.