Re: Emacs pretest 28.0.90 is out

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 28.0.90 is out
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 14:16:16 +0200

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 19:00:12 +0800
>
> After implementing the missing functions, the linker complained about
> duplicate copies of mktime, one in libc.a, and the other in gnulib's
> mktime module

If we have mktime from Gnulib, then why does linker pull mktime from
libc.a as well?  It's supposed to be satisfied by the first function
by that name that it sees in any library it links in.

Can you add -Wl,-t -Wl,-t (yes, the same option twice) to the link
command line, and see what libraries are involved in this and why?

> Or is some file supposed to include both timegm.c and mktime.c, or
> something to that effect?

Not sure I understand what does timegm have to do with this.