Re: Emacs pretest 28.0.90 is out

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 28.0.90 is out
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 21:47:04 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> That's 660MB.  A bit low (I get 1.5GB here), but should be enough to
> start.

> How do you run Windows XP? is that natively, or do you run it in some
> VM on GNU/Linux?

It's run natively, on an old machine I have lying around.

> Also, does the below also fail?
>
>   C:\DJGPP\src\emacs-28.0.90\src> set TERM=internal
>   C:\DJGPP\src\emacs-28.0.90\src> temacs -Q

Yes, it does.

> And what's the layout of the Command Prompt window from which you
> invoke temacs? how many lines by how many columns?

It's 80 characters wide and 25 characters tall.

> And finally, did you try to close the Command Prompt (thus killing
> NTVDM), and then starting temacs from a fresh Command Prompt window?
> IME, many failed attempts to build MS-DOS Emacs sometimes cause NTVDM
> to be in some strange state, where stuff fails for no good reason, and
> restarting NTVDM makes those problems go away.

I just tried that, and I still get the same error.  I forgot to mention
that the computer runs a version of MS-Windows localized to Chinese,
and perhaps that could be related?

Thanks.