Re: sqlite3

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 19:49:46 +0200

> From: Tomas Hlavaty <tom@logand.com>
> Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 17:52:31 +0100
>
> On Tue 14 Dec 2021 at 09:57, Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:
> > But it turns out that sqlite3 is actually slower for this particular use
> > case than just writing the data to a file (i.e., using the file system
> > as the database; one file per value).  So multisession.el now offers two
> > backends (`files' and `sqlite'), and defaults to `files'.
>
> So it turned out that sqlite is actually slower
> but Emacs is stuck with sqlite dependency anyway?
> Is my understanding correct?

Please don't blow things out of proportion.  No one is stuck with
anything.  Emacs can be compiled without sqlite3, and v29 is still a
very long way before a release, so we have a lot of time to study how
useful is this and decide whether to make it the default etc.  This is
development, so please let us do our job and develop Emacs as best as
we can.  I assure you no one here wants to do any harm to Emacs, and
your opinions and the opinions of others are heard and taken into
consideration, even though we don't always agree.

I don't really understand the attitude.