Re: native-comp-async-report-warnings-errors default value

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: native-comp-async-report-warnings-errors default value
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 22:38:41 +0200

> From: Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 12:07:07 -0800
> Cc: rpluim@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> > Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> >
> >> When I said "by popular demand", I meant that.  Just your own voice is
> >> not enough, IMO.
>
> I have now reviewed this thread, and changing the default from nil to
> silent has the support from Robert Pluim, Stefan Kangas, Lars
> Ingebrigtsen, Andrea Corallo and Óscar Fuentes (5).
>
> For keeping the current default I count Eli Zaretskii (1).
>
> Neutral in this thread are T.V. Raman and Stefan Monnier (2).
>
> IOW, there is a clear majority in favor of the proposed change.  However
> you choose to interpret this data, saying that this is "just my voice"
> is clearly incorrect.

Sigh.  Here we go again:

  . if this annoys you so much, then why not change the value in your
    own configuration? why do you insist to change the default?
  . and if we eventually do change the default, why so early in the
    pretest? why not closer to the release?
  . and since when 5 vs 1 out of 8 means "by popular demand"?