Re: native-comp-async-report-warnings-errors default value

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: native-comp-async-report-warnings-errors default value
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 13:10:41 -0800

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>   . if this annoys you so much, then why not change the value in your
>     own configuration? why do you insist to change the default?

I have tried to explain in this thread how the current behavior is
surprising and bad.  Others have done so also.  What I have in my own
configuration is not relevant in that regard, I think.

>   . and if we eventually do change the default, why so early in the
>     pretest? why not closer to the release?

I don't have an opinion about the timing, but I do think it should
happen before Emacs 28.1.

>   . and since when 5 vs 1 out of 8 means "by popular demand"?

My claim was that 5 out of 8 is not "just one voice".

As I already said, I won't insist further so I will be bowing out of
this thread now.  Thanks.