Re: Motif support

From: xenodasein
Subject: Re: Motif support
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 21:15:12 +0100 (CET)

Quoting: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2021-12/msg02048.html
From:   Eli Zaretskii
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 21:51:13 +0200

> If this is true (I don't use VSCode, so I don't know), then perhaps
> because VSCode users and Emacs users have different expectations?

I specifically mentioned that editor because it's popularity became
something ridiculous, almost monopolistic. If we steal even a drop
of that user base Emacs' could double.

> I very much doubt this will produce anything useful, let alone why
> would we want yet another "toolkit". But feel free to prove me wrong
> by showing code that does this.

The code you mention; is it enough for it to be a simple library in a
single C file? Or do you want to see it integrated and working in Emacs?
The latter wouldn't be too easy for me to, if it is not something wanted
in Emacs.  But that could be decided after looking at the former?