Re: Motif support

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Motif support
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 08:42:14 +0200

> From: Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es>
> Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 21:24:52 +0100

> >> Believe it or not, Emacs is much more reminiscent of a game engine than
> >> a desktop app.
> >
> > I indeed don't believe it.
>
> I agree with the OP. Emacs does a lot of micro-management of graphical
> elements and does its own event processing. That's distinctive of games.

There's a large chasm between "micro-management of graphical elements
and own event processing" and doing all the GUI by hand, bit by bit.
It is far from being black-and-white.  And Emacs is very far from the
edge you seem to be saying we are at or near.  You are invited to read
the code and see for yourself.