Re: master 501e2096d6: Fix some issues with a recent change

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 501e2096d6: Fix some issues with a recent change
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 05:27:08 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Cc: luangruo@yahoo.com,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2021 16:12:37 -0500
>
> >> Please include some more info in the first line of your commits, such as
> >> the relevant file(s).
> >
> > According to the format we use, the file(s) don't have to be mentioned
> > in the first line.  Given enough files, that is simply impossible.
>
> Please re-read the `Subject:` of this thread and tell me if you think it
> holds any useful information other than "master 501e2096d6"?

I find it entirely pertinent.  Changes aren't supposed to be judged by
reading the emacs-diffs mailing list, they are supposed to be judged
by looking at the VCS logs, in which case the "recent change" part
will tell you all you need to know.

Once again, personal workflows should not affect our coding
conventions.