Re: master 501e2096d6: Fix some issues with a recent change

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: master 501e2096d6: Fix some issues with a recent change
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 13:07:10 +0100

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

>> Maybe we can't agree on it being "secondary" but all those changes are
>> related to pinch or to code that is itself related to that.
>> So including those words would give some hint as to what it is you've
>> changed, whereas the first line you've used gave no indication
>> whatsoever about which part of the codebase was modified.
>
> Okay, so how about "Fix some issues with the recently introduced pinch
> support?"

"Fix some issues with pinch support" would be better. "Recently" is
relative and irrelevant for those who read that line. Or even better:
"pinch support: fix some issues".

If the issues are independent one from another, doing a commit for each
one with an specific subject would be the right thing.

The point of that first line is for people who read emacs-diffs or the
output of `git log --oneline' to quickly decide if they can ignore the
change or it is worth to look into.

Emacs has lots of development fronts and many consumers of the vc-log
info are unconcerned with changes to many of those areas.