Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 19:59:37 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: "H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de>
>> Cc: Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st>,  Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,  Phillip
>>  Lord <phillip.lord@russet.org.uk>,  Emacs developers <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>> Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 18:17:50 +0100
>>
>> Hello Chad
>>
>> could you please give a minimal setup to test the jansson library for
>> the language server protocol?  Is it enough to create a json file, setq
>> a default server address and search for function names? :-)
>
> I'm not Chad

I'm sorry, I removed the wrong quotations from the following post

  From: chad <yandros@gmail.com>
  Subject: Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation
Speed
  To: "H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de>
  Cc: Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st>, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,  Phillip Lord
<phillip.lord@russet.org.uk>, Emacs developers <emacs-devel@gnu.org>

> , but what's wrong with test/src/json-tests.el?

Hurraaah, there are already tests for it!

Thanks a lot Eli.

How nice, we can test the dists with image-tests.el, json-tests.el,
lcms-tests.el and xml-tests.el.  And I had the impression that tests are
only working in batch mode!

For the archiving (zlib) calling Info should work, for gnutls calling
eww and for harfbuzz, I think, checking the persian language environment
could do, or can we use for this some character or font tests?

      Dieter
--
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm