Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed

From: chad
Subject: Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 14:00:14 -0500

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 12:53 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> could you please give a minimal setup to test the jansson library for
> the language server protocol?  Is it enough to create a json file, setq
> a default server address and search for function names? :-)

I'm not Chad, but what's wrong with test/src/json-tests.el?

I hope nothing, because that's what I was going to suggest. :-)

I also note that there is some #ifdef WINDOWSNT code in src/json.c that checks for the jansson library near the top of DEFUN ("json-serialize"... that suggests it will signal a useful error if it can't find the library, and json-serialize is heavily exercised in test/src/json-tests.el, so as a specific check, "cd tests; make json-tests" should do the job.

Hope that helps,
~Chad