Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Native compilation on Windows, was Re: Bootstrap Compilation Speed
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 22:12:59 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: "H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de>
>> Cc: Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st>,  Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,  Phillip
>>  Lord <phillip.lord@russet.org.uk>,  Emacs developers <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>> Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2022 18:17:50 +0100
>>
>> Hello Chad
>>
>> could you please give a minimal setup to test the jansson library for
>> the language server protocol?  Is it enough to create a json file, setq
>> a default server address and search for function names? :-)
>
> I'm not Chad, but what's wrong with test/src/json-tests.el?

The only thing to be ware of here is if you are running
test/src/json-tests.el that you are running them using just the files in
the Emacs package that you are testing. If you run them using the
makefile from inside an msys2 shell, then are likely to be getting the
dependencies from the msys2 shell.

That's why I added w32-feature.el to etc/ so that it ends up in the
install version. Clearly it makes no sense to replicate everything from
json-tests.el in w32-feature.el. But there needs to be something to make
sure that Emacs is using only it's packaged dependencies.

Phil