Compatibility

From: xenodasein
Subject: Compatibility
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 11:27:49 +0100 (CET)

Was: Re: recent change to yanking behavior of the clipboard
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2022-02/msg00302.html
From: tomas
> Psychologically it is extremely... challenging that something "stops
> working" under you, and you don't even know how that something is
> called. Perhaps that's part of the reason for the sometimes strong
> reactions elicited by some changes.

But, why?  Things don't stop working just because, you/an admin makes
the choice of replacing the current software with a different, newer
one.  What am I missing?  This is an oft repeated experience and I feel
unable to understand gist of this matter.