Re: sqlite3

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 15:45:58 +0300

* Alexandre Garreau <galex-713@galex-713.eu> [2021-12-09 10:06]:
> Well, if we start supporting sqlite, emacs might become such an editor!
> Imagine if when you opened a binary sqlite3 database emacs offered you the
> database, with many elisp commands to edit it by hand? think like
> phpmyadmin, but lighter

There are many possibilities that will open with the implementation of
a database. Editing of its fields, adding, removing, that is not
hard. I am doing that in tabulated-list-mode for PostgreSQL and it
could be somehow reworked for SQLite.

I would like that main developers implement error free insertion of
Emacs Lisp into table columns. Example is if I wish to store a
function or multiple functions into SQLite table column, that such is
not stored as string which I have to `eval' to read it, rather that
some error-free method is invented so that storage goes error-free
(correct sexp) into the column and that reading from it goes without
problems. Error reporting shall be also bound to find where, which
database column specific Emacs Lisp failed, as to quickly located it
and edit it.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns