Re: sqlite3

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: sqlite3
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 15:52:25 +0300

Someone said previously:

> > that cannot be readily inspected, diffed, backed up,
> > version-controlled, shared, altered, or understood. (Or archived,
> > published, indexed, checksummed, ...)

Myself I inspect almost any database backed values through Emacs, edit
it, update it, delete it. Then I have implemented for my rather simple
purposes a `rcd-vc' package that saves any edited database column
value that I designate to be saved into the database. And I have
implemented for myself `diff' feature to find differences. Not that I
have much time and need for it, but from time to time I find it very
handy. Thus same can be implemented for SQLite.

Emacs: RCD Version Control system with PostgreSQL backend:
https://hyperscope.link/3/6/7/9/6/Emacs-RCD-Version-Control-system-with-PostgreSQL-backend-36796.html

Databases can be easily archived, its tables, columns, can be
archived, that is what rcd-vc.el is doing within the database.

Indexing and checksuming and many other features are often built-in
features in the database.

Access to databases opens wide range of opportunities for Emacs users.

Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/