Re: with-pgtk: C-; turns into plain ';'

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: with-pgtk: C-; turns into plain ';'
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 12:49:56 +0800

"T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:

> After building from head today with --with-pgtk,
>
> I've now lost keys such as C-;, C-, etc under X -- they just produce
> the key minus the modifier bit, So c-; just generates ";". Bug or
> intentional?

People running X should not use the PGTK port.  The only use it has is
to support Wayland and Broadway.

And it's not intentional.  Rather, it's a bug in the various GTK input
modules out there that isn't likely to ever be fixed.  Just treat it as
a limitation of the PGTK port and don't use it unless you have to.

Thanks.

> Removing --with-pgtk from the config options and rebuilding got back
> C-; and friends.

Indeed, which is one of the reasons why people who don't have a specific
reason to use the PGTK port (such as Wayland) should not use it.