Re: with-pgtk: C-; turns into plain ';'

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: with-pgtk: C-; turns into plain ';'
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 17:19:06 +1100

"T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:

> Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:
>
> More importantly, that this difference only showed up recently makes me
> still want to call it a bug --- not a "Xis old and broken go away if it
> doesn't work" view-point.

This is a very important point!

If you were running the pgtk build and all the key bindings were working
fine and then suddenly they stopped working, I would agree it it likely
there is something more going on than simply "a known problem with gtk
and input methods".Especially as it is unlikely you changed input
methods settings. It may be a mistake to just write this off as a "known
issue". Will be interesting if others running pgtk under X also start
noticing issues.

While I'm not running the pgtk build at present, have to admit that when
I did a few months back, I did not encounter any key binding issues
under X. Have to admit, I didn't do anthing 'special' with input
methods. Just ran it under various X envrionments (Stumpwm, Ubuntu Matge
and a brief experiment with Exwm).