Re: Proposal: add a binding for `imenu' under M-g

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Proposal: add a binding for `imenu' under M-g
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 08:10:17 -0400

> To me, imenu is a facility to find definitions of functions, so it is
> conceptually very similar to M-. and other such features.  We don't
> perceive M-. as a "go" command, do we?

Just to feed the discussion, I personally use `C-s` to go to
a particular line number (with a hack that adds line number NN as
a match when searching for "NN"), exactly because in my mind "search"
and "goto" are all jumbled up.  More specifically I got tired of my
muscle memory doing `C-s` when I needed to do `M-g M-g`, so I fixed
`C-s` to accommodate my muscle memory.

        Stefan