Re: Proposal: add a binding for `imenu' under M-g

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Re: Proposal: add a binding for `imenu' under M-g
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 19:54:16 +0200

Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:

> Do you think that additionally to 'M-g i' imenu should be bound also to 'M-g
> M-i'?
> Then it could be typed without releasing the Meta modifier.

After long years of training, I think I've finally managed to get my
fingers to reliably lift off Control and Meta after initiating a prefix,
so I personally wouldn't mind just M-g i (I say, after typing "juts
M-DEL" ten times before finally succeeding in typing "just"); but I
think making the binding easier on the fingers is a worthy goal.

Bottomline: sure?

>                                                              But the problem
> is
> that 'M-i' is equivalent to 'TAB'

Is it?  C-i is equivalent to TAB as far as I'm aware; M-i is only
equivalent to ESC I… or am I missing something?