Re: Comments to the new tree sitter implementation

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Comments to the new tree sitter implementation
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 18:27:09 -0400

> 1. New parent-beginning-of-line preset
>
> For typescript-mode more often that not you want to find some close
> parent, then go to beginning of line to calculate the offset.  A
> suggested implementation of this is:

FWIW, I think this is a "quick hack" which gives fairly good results at
little effort but doesn't help in the long run because you'll have to
refine it sooner or later: it's never actually right, it's only ever
right by accident.

> ```typescript
> function foo() {
>   bar(() => ({
>     baz
>   }))
> }
> ```

What if there's another argument to `bar` after the
`() => ({ baz })` function, or if the user just prefers

    function foo() {
            baz
          }))
    }

[ Or if the standard indentation rules prescribe something like this.  ]

        Stefan