Re: Request to add tomelr package to GNU ELPA

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Request to add tomelr package to GNU ELPA
Date: Tue, 3 May 2022 10:29:51 -0400

On Tue, May 3, 2022 at 9:09 AM Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> Thanks, I just pushed it to GNU ELPA.

Thanks! That was quick.

> "TOML aims to be a minimal configuration file format that's easy to read
> due to obvious semantics."
>
> I can't believe someone would write something like that with
> a straight face.  [ Unless that someone is very naive, I guess.  ]
> :-)

It's easy to read as long as you are dealing with normal INI style key
assignments and maps. But once you start having arrays of maps, I
agree that it's not very readable.
Reasons I like TOML: Concise spec, mutli-line strings support like
Python, indentation insensitivity. All of that makes the job of
auto-generating (and parsing) TOML very easy.