Re: gmail+imap+smtp (oauth2)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: gmail+imap+smtp (oauth2)
Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 08:46:01 -0400

> We know.  They know.  We know they know.  They know we know they know.
> We've been down this drm-keys-embedded-in-application tango so many
> times already-
>
> Now someone explain to me: why do they nevertheless do it?

Regardless of this "why", I think what it means is that it's perfectly
OK to use it in Free Software, with the "secret" key in plain sight.

I think from Google's point of view all it means is that we're more
prone to DoS attacks where someone abuses the "secret" key causing
Google to revoke the key.  Google won't suffer from it, we will, so they
don't care.

        Stefan