gmail+imap+smtp (davmail)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: gmail+imap+smtp (davmail)
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 05:01:20 -0400

Can someone please establish practically what good davmail can do for
the task of using Gmail via Rmail or Gnus, without running any nonfree
software?

This is a purely practical question.  My hope is to find an answer
that is factual and certain, replacing all speculation with facts.

For this purpose, let's distinguish between (a) configuring the Gmail
account and (b) using that account to transfer mail.  We know that (a)
requires running nonfree JS code; the question is what we can do about
(b).