Re: gmail+imap+smtp (oauth2)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: gmail+imap+smtp (oauth2)
Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 19:18:34 -0400

  > I think this
  > is precisely the area where the FSF could assist as they might be able
  > to at least get the issue looked at by senior enough Google/MS
  > executives to get a definitive answer.

We could try to do that, but we would need a precise and clear description
of the scenario and the question.  We're not experts on that.

I don't think Google was willing to confront this question when it
arose in 2019.  It would be necessary to raise a loud campaign.

If it turns out that other acceptable solutions do work in the free world.
I think it would be better to recommend them.