Re: Show the license of package in ELPA website.

From: Zhu Zihao
Subject: Re: Show the license of package in ELPA website.
Date: Sat, 07 May 2022 12:48:02 +0800

NonGNU ELPA says "This website is licensed under the CC BY-ND 4.0
International License. " And IMO the web frontend code like JavaScript
and CSS should be free, so people who host their own ELPA and re-use the
web frontend code of NonGNU ELPA to list packages on their website.

So the term "website" used by NonGNU ELPA really made me confused.
It's too general.

> But statements of facts witnessed, views, positions, and opinions
> don't have to be free.  Those reasons don't apply to them, and
> CC-BY-ND is fine for them.  (Likewise for art.)

IIUC the style and design(CSS & JS) of the website is not a part of you
mentioned here. Am I right?
--
Retrieve my PGP public key:

  gpg --recv-keys D47A9C8B2AE3905B563D9135BE42B352A9F6821F

Zihao