Re: [ELPA] Add package flymake-rest

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: [ELPA] Add package flymake-rest
Date: Sun, 08 May 2022 19:09:18 +0000

Mohsin Kaleem <mohkale@kisara.moe> writes:

> Philip Kaludercic <philipk@posteo.net> writes:
>
>>  If you are interested, it might even make sense to add the macros --
>> or some variation thereof -- you use to generate a checker to Flymake
>> (ie. the core) itself.
>
> Good idea. There's already a few similar macros in the wild so having
> something built in to emacs may help reduce the fragmentation on that
> front. Although I'd like to make a few improvements to the current
> implementation (checking remote files through TRAMP has not been merged
> in yet) before making such a proposal.

Of course, I see no need to rush this.  I also wonder if macros are the
right approach.  Do you think it could be possible to convert
`flymake-collection-define-...' into functions?  Or perhaps even a
number of method?  My fear is that the current implementation might be a
bit difficult to understand, if only because of the number of keyword
options that are merged into the final checker.