Re: [elpa] externals/osm 05ac461360: Bail out earlier if dependencies ar

From: Daniel Mendler
Subject: Re: [elpa] externals/osm 05ac461360: Bail out earlier if dependencies are missing
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 00:07:31 +0200

On 5/10/22 23:00, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> Better not signal such errors when loading the file, since the file might
> be loaded for all kinds of reasons beside running its code.  In some of
> those cases it can get loaded in an Emacs batch session.

I agree that the global check is a code smell. In this case I don't
expect batch usage since we are talking about a mouse driven map
display. The alternative would be to replicate the check in all the
entry points to the package, the osm-mode, the autoloaded osm-*
commands, which would require more code.

Daniel