Re: master 5743b74d4b 1/2: Improve mouse dragging

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 5743b74d4b 1/2: Improve mouse dragging
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 09:00:39 +0300

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 08:27:08 +0800
>
> > In any case, if the problem is that some text was modified that later
> > has to be inserted, a simple copy-sequence should have solved that,
> > no?
>
> That wasn't the only problem, apparently the modifications also
> interfered with the display of the tooltip.

I'm not sure I understand.  Do you remember the details of tis
interference?  If not, can you reimplement this using tooltip-show and
string copying, and tell what problems that yields?  I really don't
want to have the tricky code that sets up colors in tooltip-show to be
in more than one place, it's a maintenance problem waiting to happen.

Thanks.