Re: [ELPA] New package: srht

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: srht
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 21:50:14 +0200

Aleksandr Vityazev <avityazev@posteo.org> writes:

Hi Aleksandr,

>> Out of curiosity, what are you planning to do?
>>
>> I didn't quite get Stefan's compaint to begin with.  I would imagine
>> one sets srht-domain on a per-project basis, i.e., in a
>> .dir-locals.el file.  Should the package cater for the possibility
>> that a project's git is on instance 1 but the tracker on instance 2?
>> Or should there just be a way to define all instances I want to
>> interact with and then have an convenient switch-command?  Or should
>> the instance be a mandatory argument to all functions (which would
>> also be ok if it's just a library providing access to the srht API)
>> and packages using srht should handle the "which instance" aspect?
>
> Not to say that srht is a library that simply binds the Sourcehut REST
> API. There are also several commands to interact with. As a solution, I
> chose the latter by adding an extra mandatory argument for the
> functions. The available commands use srht-domains (list of instance
> domain names), where users can specify all the instances they want to
> interact with. When the command is invoked, it offers instance selection
> if srht-domains contains more than one. When used in conjunction with
> .dir-locals.el there is little change.

Sounds good.

I've just wanted to give it a try.  The docs of srht-username don't say
wether it is with the ~ or without.

I've generated a new OAuth 2.0 token and put a line in my
~/.authinfo.gpg as stated in the README, i.e.:

  machine sr.ht password <my-oauth-token>

However, when I try to use srht-paste-region I always get this error:

error in process sentinel: Unkown error with status 400: #s(plz-error nil
#s(plz-response 2 400 ((server . "nginx") (date . "Thu, 19 May 2022 20:00:32
GMT") (content-type . "application/json") (content-length . "58")
(content-security-policy . "default-src 'none'; style-src 'self'
'unsafe-inline'; img-src * data:; script-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline'"))
"{\"errors\": [{\"reason\": \"Invalid or expired OAuth token\"}]}") nil)

I've tried srht-username with and without tilde, I've tried using

  machine sr.ht login <username> password <my-oauth-token>

but always got the above error...

Oh, I finally made it!  It seems you cannot use an OAuth 2.0 token but
must use a legacy one.  I'm not sure whose fault that is.  I use a sr.ht
OAuth 2.0 token in hut (the command line client for sr.ht) without
issues.  I think that uses the same REST/GraphQL APIs.

Bye,
Tassilo