Re: [ELPA] New package: srht

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: srht
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 06:56:12 +0200

Aleksandr Vityazev <avityazev@posteo.org> writes:

>>> No, in version 0.1 it is already possible to interact with any
>>> Sourcehut instance.  Can be specified via the srht-domain variable.
>>
>> That's one variable, hence only one instance.
>
> Good point, now I understand, will be included in version 0.2.

Out of curiosity, what are you planning to do?

I didn't quite get Stefan's compaint to begin with.  I would imagine one
sets srht-domain on a per-project basis, i.e., in a .dir-locals.el file.
Should the package cater for the possibility that a project's git is on
instance 1 but the tracker on instance 2?  Or should there just be a way
to define all instances I want to interact with and then have an
convenient switch-command?  Or should the instance be a mandatory
argument to all functions (which would also be ok if it's just a library
providing access to the srht API) and packages using srht should handle
the "which instance" aspect?

Bye,
Tassilo, who's just trying to make sure we're all on the same page...