Re: Name dtache.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Name dtache.el
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 10:31:52 -0400

Niklas Eklund [2022-05-20 14:23:46] wrote:
> I have gotten around to update the name of the package from dtache ->
> detached.el.

Is it really necessary?

> I am not sure what to do about the name of the branch, if I was suppose
> to update that or if a maintainer can do that to make it aligned with
> the new name.

Renaming requires some manual tweaking, yes.  I can take care of that.
But more importantly it's an annoyance for your users since updates
won't be applied for them, so they may end up stuck at the old
`dtache.el` release without realizing there's a new version under
a different name.  We currently don't have any way to inform
`package-update` and friends about a renaming :-(

        Stefan