Re: ns-do-applescript

From: Daniel Martín
Subject: Re: ns-do-applescript
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 22:00:12 +0200

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Does anyone object to its removal? It would also resolve bug#39890 and
> other problems stemming from our maintenance of this misfeature, and
> people can use `osascript' in a subprocess anyway.

I don't object delegating to osascript as a subprocess, but there are
probably lots of packages and user customizations already calling
ns-do-applescript.  We should deprecate the API before removing it, and
the deprecation message should tell people how they can call osascript
in an equivalent way.