Re: ns-do-applescript

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: ns-do-applescript
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 08:26:29 +0800

Filipp Gunbin <fgunbin@fastmail.fm> writes:

> Just FTR, AppleScript is used in eudcb-macos-contacts.el, but via
> osascript executable.

Indeed, which is why I further fail to see the point of making that a
builtin.

IMHO Emacs should not integrate the ability to run a language with a
proprietary runtime that is only available on a proprietary operating
system.  Which is completely out of scope of a GUI port (the NS port.)

Does anyone object to its removal? It would also resolve bug#39890 and
other problems stemming from our maintenance of this misfeature, and
people can use `osascript' in a subprocess anyway.