Re: Emacs Survey 2022 - 2nd question

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey 2022 - 2nd question
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 20:21:10 -0400

  > > ** Which operating system to you use Emacs on? :MultiSelect:Mandatory:
  > > - [ ] GNU/Linux
  > > - [ ] Windows
  > > - [ ] MacOS
  > > - [ ] BSD
  > > - [ ] *other*

It is important to make it clear that nonfree operating systems are
not choices "just as good" as free ones.  We can't tell people what to
do, but we hope for their sake that they discard those soon .

How about adding this text:

  (If you're using Windows or MacOS, we hope, for your freedom's sake,
  that you are making arrangements to cease using it soon.  See
  https://gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-even-more-important.html
  and https://gnu.org/malware/.)

This way, people won't assume that the GNU Project shares the usual
attitude that which operating system to use is a purely practical question.