Re: Emacs Survey 2022 - which editor question

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey 2022 - which editor question
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 10:24:38 +0300

** Which editor did you use before you started using Emacs? :RadioSelect:
- [ ] None
- [ ] Vim
- [ ] VS Code
- [ ] IntelliJ
- [ ] Atom
- [ ] Eclipse
- [ ] Nodepad++
- [ ] *other*

People use Emacs for years, you have forgotten to include "vi" -- Vim
is rather the new "vi", those people using Emacs for 20+ years did not
possibly use VS Code or IntelliJ or such new editors.

You should include the old editors, and not just let it as a list of
modern editors.

I remember at that time there was elvis, there is "ed" which I still
use today, including from within Emacs especially when I need to
change single line on a remote server, there is "Notepad" on Windows
which you forgot, that may be one of most used editors, "SimpleText"
was default in Classic Mac OS, TeachText, TextEdit, XEDIT, you should
include default editors from various OS-es and not just assume that
people come from newer times as Emacs users, to know just those new
editors.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns